This guy was in our yard this morning, sopping wet. After some gentle work with a blowdryer of all things, I snapped a few photos before labeling and storing him.
Pine Siskin (Spinus pinus) AFY male. Cause of death unknown. Minimal fat stores. Cloacal protuberance present.
The blow dryer experiment gave me an interesting chance to peer at some bird parts usually hidden under all that fluff, including the uropygial gland! Very cool.
- rainwarrior likes this
- viscera-bouquet reblogged this from howtoskinatiger
- meowgonmutinispengler reblogged this from falseredstart
- meowgonmutinispengler likes this
- viscera-bouquet likes this
- syvraei likes this
- lukespencersanchez reblogged this from howtoskinatiger
- lukespencersanchez likes this
- moreanimalia likes this
- box-of-fox-cocks likes this
- hyenaking likes this
- howtoskinatiger reblogged this from falseredstart
- turtlesworldofwhut likes this
- ragehappycentral likes this
- panderzilla likes this
- macklemoderate likes this
- bloodcaste reblogged this from falseredstart
- sagittariidae likes this
- falseredstart posted this