This guy was in our yard this morning, sopping wet. After some gentle work with a blowdryer of all things, I snapped a few photos before labeling and storing him.
Pine Siskin (Spinus pinus) AFY male. Cause of death unknown. Minimal fat stores. Cloacal protuberance present.
The blow dryer experiment gave me an interesting chance to peer at some bird parts usually hidden under all that fluff, including the uropygial gland! Very cool.
- meowgonmutinispengler reblogged this from falseredstart
- meowgonmutinispengler likes this
- syvraei likes this
- lukespencersanchez likes this
- moreanimalia likes this
- district--zef999 likes this
- glassguts likes this
- turtlesworldofwhut likes this
- seamonkeyss likes this
- panderzilla likes this
- 000px likes this
- bloodcaste reblogged this from falseredstart
- sagittariidae likes this
- falseredstart posted this